DDNS stands for Dynamic Domain Name System. The main advantage for DDNS is If you have a dynamic ip address, (where your address can change monthly by your ISP if not static) the DDNS service will track and update with your new IP address automatically. So no matter what your numeric IP address is, your DDNS address will work even if your numeric IP address changes.
- The device must be connected to the Internet, and the ports must be forwarded. Please see IP Port Forwarding to learn how to forward your ports if you haven’t done so.
- Please confirm Internet access port is open and default port to open is: 80, 554,37777. If you didn’t use default ports, make sure to use your updated ports instead.
- DDNS management website: www.quickddns.com
- Please keep the tag of device MAC address. Do not lose or destroy it.
- QuickDDNS service is disabled by default, and to enable it, you need to login into your NVR via IP address using web browser, locally, or via the MontavueGO app for PC/Mac
Step by Step Instructions to setting up your DDNS
- Check and ensure your ports are open on your network by going to canyouseeme.org and typing in 80 and 37777 which are default ports. Ensure they are open and success is shown.
2. Local NVR go to main menu -> Network settings -> DDNS -> check enable box -> select Quick DDNS in the drop down. On the web browser enter your IP address, login and go to setup -> network -> DDNS and go through same setup. You can also do the same in the Network settings on the MontavueGO PC/Mac application.
3. Select either “Default Domain” or “Custom Domain Name”. By Selecting “Default Domain” a Domain Name for the device recorder is the MAC address for this recorder. In this case 3CEF8C07B446. Quickddns.com is the designated default domain name for this particular recorder. By selecting “Custom Domain Name” you may choose a custom name up to 60 max characters. Please note if you are using a custom domain name you cannot use the same custom domain name from or for another device.
4. Press test, as long as ports are forwarded correctly it should say succeeded or success. Click apply on the NVR local interface, or click OK on the browser.
4. If you enter your email address in the email address field you can go register at www.quickddns.com to manage your domains and devices. You will register with whatever email address you entered in the email field.