This will guide through the process of configuring your NVR and camera to detect missing objects. We will use the web viewer to configure these settings so you will need to know the IP address of your NVR. This can be easily found if you have the MontavueGO app installed on your computer, simply go to devices and the IP address will be listed there. This can also be found on your NVR by going to the main menu and selecting the network icon in the bottom row then select TCP/IP. The IP address of the NVR will be listed there. Once properly configured your camera will detect when an object is removed from an area that you define. If you have the MontavueGO app installed on your smartphone or tablet you will receive push notifications regarding these events. For more information about how to configure MontavueGO to receive push notifications please refer to our support page.
- From your web browser enter the IP address of your NVR in the address bar. Then log in using your username and password for that NVR. Note: this can be done through any browser however you may be asked to install a plug-in.
2. Once you have logged in click on the setup tab on the top of the screen
3. Next click on Video Detection from the menu on the left
4. Now we want to enable video detection for scene changes. So click on the Scene Change tab
5. From the channel drop down box at the top select the channel/camera that you want to enable. Make sure the Enable checkbox is marked. Then check record channel and snapshot. This will tell your NVR to record real-time footage when a scene change is detected. checking Snap shot will tell your NVR to record snapshots when a scene change is detected. Then click OK to save your settings. If you do not click OK your new settings will not be saved and the detection will not work.
6. Next select Smart Plan from the menu on the left. Again make sure you select the correct channel for the camera you are working on. Then click on the lightbulb icon to enable IVS. If it is highlighted in yellow that means IVS is selected. Then click OK to save your settings.
7. Now click on IVS from the menu on the left. Make sure you are on the correct channel for the camera you are working on. We are going to add a new rule by clicking on the green addition sign at the top right-hand corner of the rule box. This will create a new rule, by default the rule type will be a tripwire. We want to change this to Missing Object. To do this, double click on the word tripwire. This will give you access to the drop down menu. Select Missing Object from that drop down menu.
8. Now we need to define the detection area. We do this by clicking on draw rule. Then draw out a box to define the detection area. Right click to complete the drawing.
9. Next, we want to make sure that the Record channel and Snapshot options are checked. This will ensure that video and snapshots are recorded when this rule is triggered.
10. Lastly, we want to make sure that our NVR has been configured to record these events. So click on Schedule from the menu on the left. Make sure you have selected the correct channel for the camera you are working on from the channel drop down menu. Then click on any of the setup buttons on the right.
11. Now we want to make sure IVS is checked then check the All box in the lower left-hand corner. This will schedule the NVR to always record these events no matter what day or time. You could schedule your NVR to only record these events at certain times by entering setup for each day of the week and changing the times in the boxes on the left. Click Ok to save your settings. Repeat this process for the Snapshot tab.
Congratulations you have successfully configured IVS for Missing Objects. Your NVR will now record this event anytime an object is removed from the area you defined. If you have MontavueGO on your smart device and have configured it to receive push notifications you will receive a notification anytime an object is removed.